Many of us have never had mental health challenges, but the pressures of rising costs, job insecurity and concern about the future has meant many people feel less able to cope.
Not coping with life can manifest in different ways: disordered eating, depression, anxiety, stress, anger, obsession, insomnia, libido and so on. Men, women, teenagers and children all may present stress in different ways. The key question is: at what point does ‘I’m feeling down but it’s a tough time for everyone’ become ‘I think I need some help’?
In this talk, we’ll cover:
- Key points to notice in yourself (or loved ones)
- Identifying concerning behaviours
- When to seek external support
- What ‘support’ looks like in Singapore
- Why it’s OK to recognise you’re not doing well
Date: 19 March 2021