The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) came into effect in 2012 and the Personal Data Protection Commission Singapore, together with the Ministry of Health, developed Guidelines aimed to address the unique circumstances faced by the healthcare sector in complying with the PDPA.
At Osler Health International, we are committed to providing the highest level of trust, confidentiality and security for all our patients.
Personal Health Data will be processed to aid in maintaining the optimal health of our patients. Such personal data collected will include:
- patient’s name, address, telephone number, email address
- current medication or treatments used by the patient
- previous/current medical history, including, where relevant, a family medical history
- the name of any health service provider or medical specialist to whom the patient is referred
Osler Health International requests your information to ensure we can serve your medical requirements optimally. Such information will be limited to only what is required and requested directly from you, or from other health practitioners, who are authorised to disclose to us. Should any further information be required, we will obtain your consent.
Our patient’s personal health data is stored on a local server with a remote back-up compliant with industry standards. We will protect your personal data with appropriate safeguards and security measures to prevent misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
If you browse through the Website, read pages, or download information, certain information will be collected and stored about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store aggregated tracking data when users interact with the Osler Health International website as follows:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address from which you access our Website
- The country destination i.e. Singapore or overseas, that you access our site from • The date and time you access our site
- The amount of time spent on our site
- The pages, files and documents you visit
- The files, documents or images that you download
- Demographic Information that you have enabled
We have a designated Data Protection Officer who will be responsible for ensuring the Practice’s compliance with the applicable data protection laws. If you have any queries, requests or wish to make any applications concerning your personal information or data, please contact the designated person using the details provided below:
Data Protection Officer
Osler Health International
328 North Bridge Road
#02-34 Raffles Hotel Arcade
Tel: +65 6332 2727
For more detailed information of the PDPA please visit the government website: https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/Overview-of-PDPA/The-Legislation/Personal-Data Protection-Act and the Advisory Guidelines for the Healthcare Sector https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/-/media/Files/PDPC/PDF-Files/Sector-Specific Advisory/advisoryguidelinesforthehealthcaresector28mar2017.pdf